ALTECS Press conference
On the occasion of the start-up of the „hot phase“ of the ALTECS summer university, the ALTECS project partners organised a press conference on 28 April 2014 in Café Museum in Vienna.
Top representatives of the five project partners were on the podium:
- Univ.Prof. Dr. Christoph Badelt, Rector of the Vienna University of Economics and Business
- KR Brigitte Jank, President of the Vienna Chamber of Commerce
- DI Günter Liebel, Director in the Ministry of Environment
- Prof. Ing. Marián Peciar, PhD, Vice-rector of the Slovak University of Technology
- Ing. Juraj Paľa, Director of the Slovak Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Rector Christoph Badelt spoke about the important function of sustainability as a motor for economic development. In addition, he mentioned that sustainability criteria played a crucial role when planning and building the new WU Campus and represent key principles in research and teaching at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. The win-win-situation of the ALTECS project was highlighted by President Brigitte Jank: students expand their experience in direct contact with the companies and the companies benefit from the human capital provided.
Vice-rector Marián Peciar emphasised the catalyst efffect of universities in interaction with regional economic players and for the development of new technologies. The cross-border region Austria – Slovakia offers an interesting frame in this regard. Director Günter Liebel referred to the synergies between economy and ecology and to the important role of the European Union in the context of partnership and co-operation between formerly separated countries. Peter Kovář concluded with an insight on project experiences of his institution in collaboration with Austrian players.